We love sweet and tart dried cranberries paired with creamy avocado in this delicious salad. Poppy seeds give it extra texture and peppery flavor.
Total Time: 10 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 4 servings
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallot
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
8 cups fresh baby spinach
¼ cup dried cranberries
2 Tbsp. sliced raw almonds, toasted
½ medium avocado, sliced
1. Combine vinegar, shallot, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Slowly add oil, whisking continuously, until blended. Set aside.
3. Combine spinach, cranberries, and almonds in a large serving bowl; mix well.
4. Drizzle salad evenly with dressing; toss gently to blend.
5. Top with avocado; serve immediately.